Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My very first blog

It's funny, I wanted to start writing a blog and get all the thoughts in my head out to where I can see them, but here I sit and I don't know what to write. I could always write about my life, what's going on right now, what I'm doing, what I'm happy or not happy with, but that always seems like I'm whining, and I don't want to be a whiner.

Well, maybe I'll write about what I'm doing right now.

It's break time here at work, I'm listening to "Bob and Tom in the morning" on the radio, working on some drawings, and thinking about how to fix all the problems I see with my life (i.e. money problems, living situation, weight loss problem, and lack of self-esteem).

I thought about starting this blog because of my interest in the 1up network lately. Jeff Green has left the Ziff Davis company, and will be blogging on this website, and that's how I learned about this website. On a 1up podcast, a listener asked a question along the lines of how to get a job as a game reviewer, and they answered with blogging and getting your name out on the Internet. So, this is why I wanted to write. Playing, writing reviews, and talking to people about video games is like a dream job of mine. I'd also like to make video games, but I don't really know how I would go about doing that, and with the rise of the indie game scene, you think it would be easy to figure out. I'm not saying I'm not happy being an engineer, sitting her every day drawing on my computer...getting fat...no, I'm not unhappy with that. Ok, maybe it could be better, but still, working in the video game industry would BE AWESOME!

So, now I have to figure out the direction of this little blog of mine. Maybe I'll write about lots of things, like what I'm doing in my life at that point, video games I've been interested in, movies, music, anime and manga I'm watching/reading. Yeah, I'll just write about everything! Should be easy...right?

1 comment:

Daniel: "IndigoJake" said...

Hey Brad!

The video game industry is a different place to work. Some parts of it require a lot of programming experience, but others don't. Patrick and Jay have been involved in the industry... Patrick used to test games and I think Jay is some type of reviewer or something.

Anyway, best of luck with the new blogger. I'm on at indigojake.com, where I talk about IT things, like Boot Camp and Exchange Server issues.