Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yes, I'll have the Street Fighter IV...medium rare if you can

So, I've purchased Street Fighter IV, and I really enjoy playing it. Street Fighter II was one of the first fighting games I ever played. Before my parents bought us a Sega Genisis for christmas, I played it in the arcades where ever I could find one. There weren't any arcades in Ionia, but there was an arcade tent when the fair came to town. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct where there. I always got my ass beat, but still enjoyed throwing down a couple quarters to get some play time in. Now that I have it though, I don't know what to do with it. I've unlocked everyone besides Seth, Gouken, and Akuma...so I have to do that. I'm not really good, so if I go into the ranked matches online I get spanked. I've been doing the trials, but getting into the combo sets in the trials is tough because my fingers aren't quick enough on the old Dualshock 3 controller. I think there lies my problem, I'm using the Dualshock 3 controller instead of a fighting stick. Well, Scott and I went out in Lansing in search of a Madcatz fighting sticks. We stopped by one of the local Gamestops and where basically laughed at when I asked if they had any in stock. The thin, geeky kid with the poofy hair and awkward facial hair laughed and said "God no, those where with reserves only!". Scott and I looked at eachother, and then I said "So, you won't get anymore to sell because they where a reserve special, or you're just out of them at the moment?". I said it with an angry look on my face probably, because his laughter weakened to the voice of a boy just within puberty and replied with "Oh, well yeah, we'll get more in, but we're out now.". Scott and I left, but before I left I told him he should have told me that in the first place instead of laughing at us. So, we went to Best Buy to see if they had any of the cheaper fight pads, but they didn't. Looking at Amazon right now, the standard fighting stick is going for around $118, and the tournament fight stick is going for a whopping $380!!! Guess I should have ordered one when they where $160. Oh well, guess I'll stick it out with the ol Dualshock 3.

I guess another one of my problems is I mainly use Ryu. I've always like Ryu. His fight moves are not complicated at all, and to me, he's the main character. But, I always get my ass handed to me if I pick him in a ranked match. Guess I need to diversify. The one thing I don't like about playing online is that the other person waits for you to pick your character, then chooses a character who's good vs. the character you picked. So, is everyone out there playing Street Fighter IV on PS3 more advanced in the ways of fighting than I am??? I guess so.

Even though I suck at it, I still enjoy playing it. I'm going to try and unlock Seth, which shouldn't be too hard, and then try for Gouken and Akuma...which I doubt I'll ever be able to pull off. Still, I'll play it and enjoy it, and think back to the good old days of SFII on the Genisis.

Oh, and look at what my loving girlfriend bought me for V-day... Ah...32GB's of iPod touch 2nd gen goodness. In return, I'm paying for $250 of it, giving her my old 8GB touch 1st gen, AND buying her some orange laptop bag she wants for V-day. It was either this, or she bought me an X-box 360 pro...but then she wouldn't have gotten my old touch, so we went with this instead.

Well, that's it for now, more later because I've gotten some new PS3 and PSN games, such as Bioshock, Flower (really good!), Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Penny Arcade episode 2 (beaten), and then the add on party pack for Burnout Paradise. I swear, Criterion won't ever have to put another Burnout on a disc because of all the DLC they put out. It seems with every DLC they put out, free or paid, it changes the game. I'm looking forward to the next DLC with the Big Surf Island and the Cops and Robbers play.

Oh, and this girl named Sara has a some pretty cool video game blogs. I've been reading her SFIV blog, so hit the link and subscrive to her blogs and twitter account.

No comments: