Friday, May 1, 2009

My feet just got cold...

I think hell itself just froze over. My Mom and I where just texting. What is this world coming too? A couple of weekends ago I talked my sister into upgrading her ancient Motorola Razr to a BlackBerry Storm. Since Verizon was having a buy one, get one free deal on Blackberry's, my Mom got the other Storm that came with the deal. She's wanted a Blackberry for a while, lord knows why. She can't even operate XP or Vista, and she now has a Blackberry Storm. I swear to god, if she buys a mac book, I'm done (she wants one because the commercials are cool...seriously). I tried teaching her some things, but I can't keep my cool long enough to get anything through to her, so I give up. Some guy where she works has a Storm and has been teaching her how to use it. You know what I have to say to that, thank god! More power to you man! Now we'll see how long she uses it until she gives up on it, like the desktop, the laptop, the Wii, and countless other electronics my parents buy. It's kinda nice sometimes actually, because what they don't use sometimes trickles down to me. Now if I can only talk them into buying a 360 Elite...

Speaking of Microsoft, they have a new Elite bundle coming out (should be out now actually). I'm sure you've read about it. They're calling it the Game of the Year bundle. It's an Elite with Halo 3, and Fable 2.

I planned on picking it up this month some how, but think I'll have to wait. Microsoft says that their will be a limited supply of these bundles, so I have to figure out quick how to get $400 for the bundle, and an extra $60 for Left 4 Dead. I've really been wanting to play that game, and with my low end PC, I can't get the PC version. I'd rather play a game like that on console anyways. Just sucks that Valve hates the Playstation 3. Oh well, there are other reasons I want a 360 anyways. The 2 games bundled with it are a couple, streaming Netflix would be nice, and just having the other major console would be nice. I'd like to be well diverse in my gaming.

I picked up Motor Storm: Pacific Rift today. I turned in my Best Buy awards to get it. It was either that, or Killzone 2, but I'm still trying to get through the 6 FPS' I already have. The arcade racer feeling of Motor Storm I think is a nice change from the other racing games I have. I haven't really found anything I don't like about it yet, but after racing through 2 tracks, I found myself wanting to put in Burnout Paradise. I don't really think it has anything to do with Motor Storm, it's just I'm having fun with Burnout. I got my Burnout license a couple of nights ago, and I am 70 wins away from getting my Elite license. I just want to keep playing, unlocking the 15 cars left in the game, and getting enough wins to get that final license. After all that is said and done, it's on to the expansion packs. The cops and robbers expansion just came out yesterday, and Big Surf Island should be coming soon.

I haven't really been playing anything else. I play Little Big Planet, and GH:Metallica sometimes on my PS3, Professor Layton (the first one), and Pokemon Diamond on my DSi, Scott took the Wii, and my PSP hasn't really been touched. Besides playing some games, I've still been looking for a good job, and I've enrolled at my local community college to start my Bachelors in Computer Science up again. We'll see how that goes, more on that later. I have to find a new place to live soon. Moving means I also have to buy a new TV and surround sound system, since Scott will be taking his. Hey, once you have experienced playing games on a 37" LCD with surround sound, you can't go back.

No comments: